Serving the people of Fresno

Serving the people of Fresno February 2014 - February 2016

Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference!

I was thinking this week about what else I would be spending 20 hours a year doing, and I can tell you that nothing comes close to hearing from prophets of God. I love this church! If there is one thing you can do to draw nearer to church, do it. I'm sure you were thinking I was going to expound on some great secret I have learned huh? Well nope. I can't do that. Our Father in Heaven WILL allow each of us to face challenges for specific reasons. I don't know all those reasons, but I know He loves His children.. So this week kind of went by without anything super amazing to tell you about... until Saturday. Saturday April 5th was one of THE most spiritually enriching days of my life. Of course I loved conference. I especially loved Elder Rasband's talk on Saturday morning, but that isn't even what was so great. If you could pray for both Aimie and Nate that would be awesome. They are both some former investigators that we ran in to. They are such stellar people, we just need to meet with them again! We had two different investigators attend conference! Dillon (who is being baptized on the 13th) came to Saturday morning with us, and then Christina came on Sunday morning with us. I want you to know that the Lord is preparing people everyday to hear the message of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I loved how Elder Uchtdorf talked about how we are living the Restoration. Don't let this time pass you up! Of course you are busy. Of course you have a calling.. Of course you have other things that NEED to be done. But what better joy do we have than to invite people to come unto Christ. That mutual theme for this year is so inspired. Sometimes it may be hard to see how someone has been prepared to receive the Gospel. But I promise you that they have been.. I love you so much. I am so grateful for you: my brothers and sisters who chose to follow the Savior once already. The only real test of this life is whether or not we will choose it again. Keep up the good work. Keep the faith. Never forget the feelings you feel when you have The Spirit. He is a member of the Godhead. He testifies of truth. He is the comforter. He is everything to us, and we know him better than we know ourselves.

Love,
Elder King

No comments:

Post a Comment